R&D Intern – Data Science
Flow is a software and services company that delivers Sustainable Mobility Management solutions to businesses that are de-carbonizing their mobility footprint. We want to transform the way businesses, people and communities move in a more sustainable way to help save the planet.
The successful Flow’s employee is:
- Team-Oriented. Collaborative and respectful, we work hard and embrace conflict and discussion while maintaining a sense of humor.
- A Problem Solver. We are adaptable and look for creative ways to get things done, applying critical-thinking skills to analyze, identify and execute solutions to problems large and small.
- Ambitious. We are risk takers, curiosity-driven self-starters who want to raise the bar.
- Trustworthy. We take full responsibility for our actions, are accountable to all our stakeholders, and work autonomously and collaboratively toward a shared goal.
The R&D Intern – Data Science position provides a challenging opportunity to apply your technical and leadership skills to real-world engineering and product development activities. You will make meaningful contributions to our company through your involvement with actual product development projects.
Flow’s product development process includes a wide variety of activities, from brainstorming concepts to developing and testing prototypes to putting the product into pilot implementations. Your responsibilities will include designing, analyzing, prototyping, developing and documenting new products and/or existing product enhancements, as well as working with other team members to plan and coordinate project activities. You can expect to gain expertise in the development of data-driven solutions in the fields of mobility and energy, and how applied R&D fits into a continuous product development cycle from R&D to Product, Engineering and Delivery.
- Work as a R&D Engineer in a cross-functional product development team to develop innovative mobility solutions
- Develop algorithms, software modules and software prototypes based on data generated by Flow’s projects
- Assist in development, implementation and follow-up of prototypes, test plans and real-life pilots
- Participate and support technical consulting projects involving data analysis and science
- Organize project documentation for clear communication to other team members, including the specification of product features to be included in the Product Roadmap
Who we are looking for…
- MS in an Engineering field from a top-ranked university (completed or thesis to be developed within the scope of the Internship)
- Strong understanding of Data Science concepts and tools including machine-learning and deep-learning algorithms
- Experience in developing applications written in Python, R
- Nice-to-have: Experience in developing analytical dashboards based on Python and/or R (eg. Dash, Shiny)
- Nice-to-have: Understanding of data analytics problems related to urban mobility, energy efficiency, electric mobility, and IoT in general
- Good knowledge of English
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High level of enthusiasm and desire to learn. Continuous improvement mindset
What we offer…
- Flexible work hours and Possibility of remote work
- Mac as a laptop
- Training program and free access to Udemy courses
- 2 days extra vacations (Birthday + 1 at Christmas season)
- Health Insurance (including dental and vision)
- Coffee break on us
- Happy hour every Friday (free beer on the fridge 😉 )
- Team Building activities and Company Outings
- Showers and Locker Rooms
- Free Parking
- Great environment and the opportunity to work in sustainable solutions for the future of our mobility and our Planet